Saronsberg’s winemaking officially began on 25 January 2004 with the pressing of our first Sauvignon Blanc grapes. Saronsberg originally formed part of the iconic and historical Twee Jonge Gezellen and consists of two parts formerly known as Waveren and Welgegund (also referred to by locals as ‘Die Erf’), the latter lying on the western slope of Saronsberg, the mountain after which the farm was named, and which spectacularly dominates the view from the cellar.
In the design of Saronsberg’s cellar we considered a variety of effective production facilities and available techniques. Our aim was not only to selectively combine these, but also to utilise existing technology. Hence we incorporated the force-cooling of grapes, intensive hand sorting of all our grapes, and the use of
“gravity” in the fermentation process.
Benefits of Sponsoring Stephan Welz & Co.
- One full colour page ad in either Johannesburg or Cape Town auction catalogues if sponsorship for both events (couriered to our subscribers of approximately 2500 high-net-worth individuals).
- Your logo on event invites to clients reaches over 6000 Clients.
- Your advert on our e-catalogue which appears on our website, The Saleroom.com (British auction site with approximately 2.8 million monthly bidder visits), as well as Invaluable.com (American auction site with approximately 3 million unique visitors monthly). Both of these websites are worldwide and allow clients to follow the auction live, view our e-catalogue approximately 3 weeks onwards before the auction and bid live during the auction.
- On the Stephan Welz & Co website your logo will be posted with click on facility that will take clients directly to your website where they will be able to get more information on company and products.
- At the event, you may display promotional items such as banners, pamphlets, etc. and promote the brand & sales of their brand.